Global Warming; Gulf Stream Decreased 30%
- From: lorad474@xxxxxx
- Date: 30 Aug 2006 00:15:20 -0700
For educational purposes:
"Gulf Stream Flow Reduced 30%
"18:00 30 November 2005 NewScientist.com news service
The ocean current that gives western Europe its relatively balmy
climate is stuttering, raising fears that it might fail entirely and
plunge the continent into a mini ice age.
The dramatic finding comes from a study of ocean circulation in the
North Atlantic, which found a 30% reduction in the warm currents that
carry water north from the Gulf Stream.
The slow-down, which has long been predicted as a possible consequence
of global warming, will give renewed urgency to intergovernmental talks
in Montreal, Canada, this week on a successor to the Kyoto Protocol."
Entire article at:
- Prev by Date: Re: What is the purpose of the war in Iraq?
- Next by Date: War Mongering Pseudo-Christians
- Previous by thread: Lots of Repubs are slowly sneaking toward the exits
- Next by thread: Re: Global Warming; Gulf Stream Decreased 30%