Re: Effect of "universal" health care
- From: "Fred Oinka" <stardusthevn@xxxxxxx>
- Date: 28 Aug 2006 15:00:03 -0700
Government controlled health care? Here's a glimpse if Dems win Congress...
Doctor shortage to increase by 2015 without foreign-trained physicians:
Aug 28 12:10 PM US/Eastern
CALGARY (CP) - A new study by the Fraser Institute says the number of
doctors per capita will drop over the next decade unless Canada relies on
The study released in Calgary says government restrictions on education and
training have caused the problem, which will only get worse between now and
The study urges governments to allow more qualified Canadian students access
to medical training to ease the reliance on foreign doctors.
The doctor shortage has grown in recent years after provincial governments
in the 1980s cut back the number of people allowed into medical school.
The Fraser Institute concludes that Canada's reliance on foreign- trained
doctors is forcing poorer countries, such as South Africa and India, to make
do with fewer physicians.
You guys wish the poor would just die off.
- Prev by Date: Can we ALL agree on one thing:
- Next by Date: Re: If you work for a living, and vote for Republicans, you are a fool
- Previous by thread: Re: Effect of "universal" health care
- Next by thread: Re: Effect of "universal" health care