Re: Does same-gender marriage threaten YOUR marriage?

Hal A. Loullia wrote:
"Grizzlie Antagonist" <lloydsofhanford@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hal A. Loullia wrote:
"Captain Compassion" <daranc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 22:36:54 -0400, "Joe S." <anon@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Then you need a counselor, not a Congressman.

Nope. People can marry bears or highheel pumps and it wouldn't effect
my marriage one bit but that not what marriage is all about. Is it.

By the way, we need George W. Bush to go down to Utah, and straighten out
these Mormons.

Marriage is all about 1 man and 1 woman, not 1 man and more than 1 woman.
See?

Yes, I see. You are building the case for a constitutional amendment
establishing marriage as a union between one man and one woman.

Otherwise, the state of Utah could NOT legally refuse to recognize
polygamous marriages. They would come in through the same back door as
would gay marriages.

Exactly why we need a biblical scholar like Bush to force a change in the US
constitution.

Sure, homosexuals, and Mormons will continue their practices, but at least
God fearing Americans, (the real God from the bible, not those terrorist's
god), we can pretend that none of that is happenning.

You haven't been reading the talking points for politically correct
dickheads. You're supposed to oppose polygamy as being "oppressive of
women". You're not an "oppressor of women", are you?

Since feminists and gays tend to be united on most issues, including
the "gay marriage" issue, the fact that polygamist marriages WOULD come
in through the same back door as gay marriages is something would cause
tension in this alliance.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20060602-070517-5670r

Above is a link to a story from India about a woman who married a
cobra.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3191923,00.html

And above is a link to a story from Israel about a woman who married a
dolphin. Presumably, these are valid marriages in the jurisdictions in
which they took place. Do these women have a right to have the
authorities in this country recognize these marriages?

  • Re: why not "Sir?
    ... gay marriages, as Öjevind correctly suggested. ... only recognizes hetero marriages, and has since before the 90's -- it ... version had enough votes to pass (that is, to pass Congress, whether ... you already agreed that an attempt to outlaw ...
    (rec.arts.books.tolkien)
  • Re: why not "Sir?
    ... Outlawing gay marriages, trying to purge the US army of homosexuals, trying to establish "creation science" as a subject in schools, outlawing stem cell research, demanding that political candidates go to church every week, withdrawing support for clinics in Africa if they give advice about planned parenthood - the list goes on. ...
    (rec.arts.books.tolkien)
  • Re: Anti-gay-marriage amendment
    ... homosexual marriage and other court orders do not pose a threat to LDS ... They wished to continue to do so, but the hierarchy of the Church ... by any organization unwilling to do homosexual marriages. ... I am opposed to forcing churches to perform gay marriages. ...
    (soc.religion.mormon)
  • Definition of Marriage in the Irish Constitution
    ... referendum on gay marriages. ... In fact the relevant Article in the Constitution, 41.1, does not bar ... There is a conflict between the Irish and English ...
    (soc.culture.irish)
  • Re: Definition of Marriage in the Irish Constitution
    ... Government is unlikely to change the definition of the family as being based on marriage due to fears that it could lead to a divisive referendum on gay marriages. ... In fact the relevant Article in the Constitution, 41.1, does not bar ... The Irish version refers to an Teaghlacht which the English ...
    (soc.culture.irish)