Franken, Air America stomping Bill Al-Reilly; Al-Reilly pulled from some stations because of low ratings

Regulars on this NG know that from time to time one or more of our resident
rightwing loonies posts a phony claim about how Air America is on its last
legs.

Not exactly.

Here's an article from the Denver Post. Note the list of cities where Air
America is beating out Al-Reilly. Note, too, that Al-Reilly was dumped from
one Denver station because of his ratings.

http://www.denverpost.com/lifestyles/ci_3224276

QUOTE

O'Reilly not a factor on KHOW

So long, Billy. You got dumped.

I'm talking about William James O'Reilly Jr., a.k.a. The Bully.

On Monday, KHOW 630-AM pulled the plug on "The Radio Factor With Bill
O'Reilly" because of poor ratings.

His nemesis, Al Franken, had better ratings on Boulder's Air America
affiliate, KKZN 760-AM - a station that has spotty reception in parts of the
metro area.

The most recent Arbitron ratings, from this summer, show an 8 percent
share of the listeners tuned to local radio talk show king Rush Limbaugh,
2.6 percent listened to Franken, and 2.1 percent turned to O'Reilly when the
three were aired during the same time.

This week, O'Reilly was replaced by syndicated conservative talk-show
host Glenn Beck. Program director Jerry Bell said Beck is an independent
voice and doesn't use talking points.

"He doesn't use the same set of notes" Limbaugh and O'Reilly use, Bell
said.

If that's true, it will be a refreshing change from O'Reilly's rants,
which listeners are tiring of in some markets.

In Seattle and New York, Franken beat O'Reilly. In Portland, Ore., Air
America's Randi Rhodes beat O'Reilly too, according to summer Arbitron
ratings.

It's not because conservatives are suddenly becoming liberal and
changing stations. It's because shows like O'Reilly's lack broad appeal.

In Washington, D.C., O'Reilly's show was cut from WJFK-FM and replaced
with "The Sports Junkies."

Conservative talk has its place, as does liberal talk. I don't care
for either because most talk-show hosts like to lecture or get overly
passionate and scream.

Locally, Mike Rosen is far more interesting because, unlike O'Reilly,
he usually sticks to issues rather than belittling people with whom he
disagrees.

O'Reilly is in the same sphere as the Christian Broadcasting Network's
Pat Robertson, who in August called for the assassination of Venezuelan
President Hugo Chavez. Such comments turn off sensible people of all
political persuasions.

The bizarre, on-air tirades of O'Reilly are often hypocritical.

Lashing out against the city of San Francisco for having included on
the ballot a referendum that declared the city opposes military recruiting

END QUOTE

  • Re: Paypal has been hacked
    ... can't get ratings because like Air America ... Regardless whether MSNBC succeeds or fails, the important things right now are to fix the American healthcare system, undo the terrible damage that Bush did to the economy, regulate the reckless, greedy corporations that are ravaging our nation with the blessing of right-wing politicians and provide every moose in the vicinity of Wasilla with a shoulder-fired heat-seeking missile. ... Bass Home Electronics ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: Paypal has been hacked
    ... can't get ratings because like Air America ... That doesn't make it correct any more than my opinion makes me correct. ... Bass Home Electronics ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: Hey! Pussy Party Pantywaists! Whats With Air America? Its Going "PLOOP" - Like A Turd Down T
    ... Antonio, Texas they dropped the whole network, Air America, ... "Air America" ratings should surprise no one. ... those pesky libraries open. ... I agree that WDOD has lost their mind in putting "Air America" on the air. ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Air America about to bite the big one
    ... Air America is sucking hind tit and is ... One would think that AA would have plenty to talk about with Bush's ratings ... chance to compete with the so called 'conservative heavy weights' like Rush ... New York will get it's all Caribbean format station back ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: Air America, Failed and Faltering, Launches Atheism Program
    ... Air America Launches Atheism Program ... The Freethought Radio Program, hosted by the co-presidents of the Freedom ... "liberals" like her ran to it's ... out from conservatives against pseudo-social-scientist-liberals, ...
    (alt.politics)