Re: Re: What is causing all these monster storms?
- From: Victoria Hirt <Please@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 23:53:05 GMT
On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 10:10:56 -0500, Elmoish
>> Hurricane frequency has about a 60 year cycle. During the 1960s to
>> 1980's, the last downturn in the cycle, Building along the coast
>> increased by a factor of 10. Now, 1990s to around 2010 or so, we're
>> the up part of the cycle. More damage has been done because of the
>> large increase in building during the down cycle. Last cycle, 1930s
>> through 1960s, hurricanes were just as violent and frequent, but most
>> of the damage was done to swamps and empty beaches, not to new housing
>> developments- A. McIntire
>It is pathetic some "blame" these storms on global warming.
>All of you "Kyoto" fans....look up the hurricane cycles. They were
>actually more active in the middle of last century.
Be careful here. The globe is warming up and the facts clearly prove
that, but whether or not it is due to greenhouse gases or some natural
cycle is really the question.
- Prev by Date: Re: Brady Campaign Warns off British Tourists from Florida
- Next by Date: Those Darn Republicans!
- Previous by thread: Re: Brady Campaign Warns off British Tourists from Florida
- Next by thread: Those Darn Republicans!