Fuck you very much, Mr. 'President'
- From: "zeez" <UltimaUW@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 8 Sep 2005 12:32:50 -0700
As if FEMA wasn't turned into an incompetent enough organization, by
having it's role reduced and being made as part of the Department of
Father^H^H^H^H^H^HHomeland Security, take a look at this gem
FEMA Demands Use of Internet Explorer To File Online Katrina Claims
Posted by Zonk on Thursday September 08, @08:51AM
from the small-but-annoying-details dept.
WebHostingGuy writes "As reported by MSNBC, if you survived the
hurricane and are a Mac, Linux or Firefox user you cannot file a claim
>>From the site: 'We are sorry for not being able to proceed your
requests because you have failed our tests.' Opera and Netscape don't
work either." Also reported at InformationWeek. From that story: "To
file a claim online at FEMA's Individual Assistance Center, where
citizens can apply for government help, the browser must be IE 6.0 or
the Mac operating systems, as well as Windows users running alternate
browsers such as Firefox or Opera. When TechWeb tested the site using
Windows XP and Firefox 1.0.6, the message 'In order to use this site,
Download it from Microsoft or call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) to register'
popped up on the screen." Update: 09/08 13:48 GMT by Z : Added word
'Online' to title to clarify story.
- Prev by Date: Re: David Espo founders in Bush talking points
- Next by Date: Re: THE MAN WE ELECTED PRESIDENT IN 2000 ACTUALLY DID HELP IN NO
- Previous by thread: We the people
- Next by thread: Re: THE MAN WE ELECTED PRESIDENT IN 2000 ACTUALLY DID HELP IN NO