The National Security Archive today isposting over 100 recently released CIA documents relating to September 11,

The Central Intelligence Agency's 9/11 File

Top Secret CIA Documents on Osama bin Laden Declassified
National Security Archive Electronic Briefing Book No. 381

Edited by Barbara Elias-Sanborn with Thanks to Archive Senior Fellow
Jeffrey
T. Richelson

For more information contact:
Barbara Elias-Sanborn - 202/994-7000
belias@xxxxxxx

http://www.nsarchive.org

Washington, D.C., June 19, 2012 -- The National Security Archive today
isposting over 100 recently released CIA documents relating to
September 11,Osama bin Laden, and U.S. counterterrorism operations.

Thenewly-declassified records, which the Archive obtained under the
Freedom of Information Act, are referred to in footnotes to the 9/11
Commission Repor tand present an unprecedented public resource for
information about September11.

The collection includes rarely released CIA emails, raw intelligence
cables, analytical summaries, high-level briefing materials, and
comprehensive counterterrorism reports that are usually withheld from
the public because of their sensitivity.

Today's posting covers a variety of topics of major public interest,
including background to al-Qaeda's planning for the attacks; the
origins of the Predator program now in heavy use over
Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iran; al-Qaeda's relationship with Pakistan;
CIA attempts to warn about the impending threat; and the impact of
budget constraints on the U.S. government's hunt for bin Laden.

Today's posting is the result of a series of FOIA requests by National
Security Archive staff based on a painstaking review of references in
the 9/11 Commission Report.

Check out today's posting at the National Security Archive website -
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB381/

Find us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/NSArchive

Unredacted, the Archive blog - http://nsarchive.wordpress.com/
___________

THE NATIONAL SECURITY ARCHIVE is an independent non-governmental
research institute and library located at The George Washington
University in Washington, D.C. The Archive collects and publishes
declassified documents acquired through the Freedom of Information Act
(FOIA). A tax-exempt public
charity, the Archive receives no U.S. government funding; its budget
is supported by publication royalties and donations from foundations
and individuals.

PRIVACY NOTICE The National Security Archive does not and will never
share the names or e-mail addresses of its subscribers with any other
organization. Once a year, we will write you and ask for your
financial support. We may also ask you for your ideas for Freedom of
Information requests, documentation projects, or other issues that the
Archive should take on. We would welcome your input, and any
information you care to share with us about your special interests.
But we do not sell or rent any information about subscribers to any
other party.

.