Re: Keeping Afghanistan Safe from Democracy
- From: RLM <rlm@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 12:57:11 -0500
On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 09:29:10 -0800, Gandalf Grey wrote:
Published on Wednesday, November 4, 2009 by TruthDig.com
Keeping Afghanistan Safe from Democracy
by Robert Scheer
The most idiotic thing being said about America's involvement in Afghanistan
is that the best way to protect the 68,000 U.S. troops there now is by
putting an additional 40,000 in harm's way.
People who argue for that plan clearly have not read Gen. Stanley A.
McChrystal's report pushing for escalation. The general is as honest as he
is wrong in laying out the purpose of this would-be expanded mission, which
is to remold Afghanistan in a Western image by making U.S. troops far more
vulnerable, rather than less so.
This is just another Bush General hoping for distinction prior to
retirement. Only his is not a positive distinction.
That is how far the Bush's Generals have any vision. All were short
- Prev by Date: The Discreet Charm of the Left-wing Plutocracy
- Next by Date: Re: Obama makes Bush his blame czar
- Previous by thread: The Discreet Charm of the Left-wing Plutocracy
- Next by thread: Re: The myth of Fox News' ratings spike