Wikipedia article on torture
- From: eelder100 <middle_class_warrior1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 24 Apr 2009 19:13:32 GMT
This is a comprehensive article on the subject. The US Constitution's
eighth amendment forbids the use of "cruel and unusual punishments",
which is widely interpreted as a prohibition of the use of torture.
Finally, 18 U.S.C. § 2340 et seq. define and forbid torture outside
the United States.
The worst torturers in modern history were the fascist Axis Powers.
"Modern sensibilities have been shaped by a profound reaction to the war
crimes and crimes against humanity committed by the Axis Powers in the
Second World War, which have led to a sweeping international rejection of
most if not all aspects of the practice." Yet two of three nations in the
world still torture people.
If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a
liberal at forty you have no brain.
- Prev by Date: Re: Advice to moderate Republicans
- Next by Date: Now I understand the insect torture
- Previous by thread: Global Warming Overreach
- Next by thread: Now I understand the insect torture