America In Recession, Due to the Utter Incompetence of Loser, Drunk Awol, Draft Dodger Bush!!!
- From: stfranciswhore@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 18:11:11 -0700 (PDT)
From USA Today, 3/11/08:http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/retirement/2008-03-10-401k-withdr...
401(k)s tapped to save homes
By Christine Dugas, USA TODAY
Struggling to save their homes from foreclosure, more Americans are
raiding their 401(k) retirement accounts to pay their bills -- and
getting slammed with taxes and penalties in the process, according to
retirement plan administrators.
Rather than borrow money from their 401(k) accounts, which would have
to be paid back, a growing number of beleaguered families have been
cashing out, plan administrators say.
This is happening even as borrowing from 401(k) accounts remains
Fewer still are borrowing from 401(k) plans to buy homes.
By contrast, new figures from plan administrators show the number of
401(k) "hardship withdrawals" is up in early 2008 compared with the
same period last year.
The main reason?
The need to stave off foreclosure or eviction.
- Prev by Date: Re: Any Bush defenders care to explain in what way President Bush's administration is better than Jimmy Carter's?
- Next by Date: vv CLAY AND HORATIO SUCK COCKS AND*** JESUS ASS, NUFF SAID
- Previous by thread: The End of the American Dream, People Rushing to Cash in their 401K's to pay their Bills!! Thank you***ing Bush and you Scumbag Republicans Who Let it Happen!!
- Next by thread: vv CLAY AND HORATIO SUCK COCKS AND*** JESUS ASS, NUFF SAID