Re: The conservative confusion....
- From: Christian Williamson <c.willi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 08:53:41 GMT
Nebuchadnezzar II wrote:
"Christian Williamson" <c.willi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:V0mij.1296$rG.151@xxxxxxxxxxx
See Jonah Goldberg's discussion of the conservative confusion, as exemplified by the Republican presidential campaign.
Goldberg points out, rightly, that the Reagan mantle should be on Thompson, given his push for smaller government. But we now have big-government Republicans, like Huckabee, in the front-running.
You mean the same "small-government" Raygun who signed 7 major tax increases and still managed to triple the federal debt?
Nice try. Reagan worked to destroy the Soviets and shrink the scope of the Federal Government. He did well, given the Congress he had to work with, and we have a stronger economy because of his legacy.
- Prev by Date: Re: The mythical goal of "energy independence..."
- Next by Date: Re: Bleak numbers for the Grand Old Party....
- Previous by thread: Re: The conservative confusion....
- Next by thread: Re: The conservative confusion....