Criminal probe opened over CIA tapes
- From: "Nebuchadnezzar II" <nebuchadnezzar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 20:17:44 GMT
WASHINGTON - The Justice Department opened a criminal investigation into the destruction of CIA interrogation videotapes and Attorney General Michael B. Mukasey appointed an outside prosecutor to oversee the case.
The CIA acknowledged last month that it destroyed videos of officers using tough interrogation methods while questioning two al-Qaida suspects. The acknowledgment sparked a congressional inquiry and a preliminary investigation by Justice.
- Prev by Date: Re: Clinton's 'experience:' Exactly what is it?
- Next by Date: I come not to praise BENAZIR or any other BHUDDA, which sits in a busy road . . .
- Previous by thread: Clinton 3rd in Latest Iowa Poll (1/02/08)
- Next by thread: I come not to praise BENAZIR or any other BHUDDA, which sits in a busy road . . .