Leftist Maureen Dowd ridicules Hillary...
- From: Christian Williamson <c.willi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 09:48:25 GMT
Hillary Clinton's campaign claimed she was being pummeled this last week because she's a woman, not because she's in the lead. Check out what Dowd says about this:
She should certainly be allowed to play the gender card two
ways, or even triangulate it. As her campaign manager, Patti
Solis Doyle, said after the debate, she is "one strong woman,"
who has dwarfed male rivals and shown she's tough enough to
deal with terrorism and play on the world stage. But she can
break, just like a little girl, when male chauvinists are rude
enough to catch her red-handed being slippery and
If the gender game worked when Rick Lazio muscled into her
space, why shouldn't it work when Obama and Edwards muster
some mettle? If she could become a senator by playing the
victim after Monica, surely she can become president by
playing the victim now.
Sometimes when Hillary takes heat, she gets paranoid and
controlling. But this time she took the heat by getting into
the kitchen. After trying to have it both ways during the
debate, she tried to have it both ways after the debate.
- Prev by Date: Leftist Frank Rich defines it for the Dems in the presidential race next year...
- Next by Date: Can't outright ban an activity or product? Tax it out of existence....
- Previous by thread: Leftist Frank Rich defines it for the Dems in the presidential race next year...
- Next by thread: Re: Leftist Maureen Dowd ridicules Hillary...