Re: George Will's recommendation to Democrats...
- From: Christian Williamson <c.willi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 23:48:25 GMT
El Tico wrote:
On Sep 11, 4:25 am, Christian Williamson <c.wi...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Congressional Democrats should accept Petraeus's report as a
reason to declare a victory, one that might make this fact
somewhat palatable: Substantial numbers of U.S. forces will be
in Iraq when the next president is inaugurated. The Democrats'
"victory" -- a chimera but a useful one -- is that Petraeus
indicates there soon can be a small reduction of U.S. forces.
But Democrats cannot advertise a small withdrawal as a victory
without further infuriating their party's base, the source of
energy and money. The base is incandescent because there are
more troops in Iraq today than there were on Election Day
2006, when Democratic activists and donors thought, not
without reason, that congressional Democrats acquired the
power to end U.S. involvement in Iraq.
Wow! You left out the part where Will, a poster boy for the Neocon
agenda, labeled the "surge" a failure in no uncertain terms. I'm sure
it was just an oversight.
No, I didn't leave anything out. I printed an excerpt with a link to the full article. There's no doubt Will has been critical of the war; all his essays have reflected that.
But you're welcome to ignore the point I made by quoting his recommendation.
- Prev by Date: BIN LADEN'S GOD IS STRONGER THAN THE CHRISTIAN GOD, HE ATTACKED THE USA SUCCESSFULLY AND GOT AWAY WITH IT AND DID NOT GET CAUGHT, WHILE HE GOT BUSH TO RUIN AMERICA IN AN UNWINNABLE WAR AND ALSO TOOK AWAY AMERICANS RIGHTS AT THE SAME TIME
- Next by Date: Re: George Will's recommendation to Democrats...
- Previous by thread: Re: George Will's recommendation to Democrats...
- Next by thread: Re: George Will's recommendation to Democrats...