3 questions about the Sony DSC-H5

I was taught to put a UV filter in front of the lens of all but the
cheapest cameras, but the camera I see sold now don't have that.
Isn't it still a good idea, to protect the lens?

The manual for the Sony DSC-H5 says it has an NTSC output for
television.. This is analog. Since digiatl electronics use ATSC
instead of NTSC, is this feature of the camera obsolete now when using
a digital tv or digital video recorder? That would seem strange since
I know the camera is digital and the recorder or tv is digital.
Maybe the manual means that "EVEN if you have only NTSC it
will work, and it goes without saying that it will work with ATSC
which is digital."

The manual keeps referring to a Memory Stick Duo card. Does this just
mean an SD card? It looks like an SD card and it's marked 2G. But
it says I cannot use a Memory Stick (What's that?), just a Memory
Stick Duo!

Thanks for any help you can give.

  • Re: Error 99
    ... error (but you still need to reboot the camera). ... Try swapping out the lens and see if it makes it go ... On one of my lenses, which is old and needs cleaning or replacing, it ... The only reason wiggling the card worked is that it distracted you ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Camera Recommendations Requested
    ... and decontented the lens and body. ... directly in the camera for JPG output. ... JPG image on the computer where those finer RAW sensor details are already ... external flash units, heavy tripods, more expensive larger filters, etc. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: The sickening reality of high ISO on a P&S
    ... D40 that comes close to the lens on the FZ8. ... shoot similar shot under same conditions with your FZ8. ... P&S cameras can have more seamless zoom range than any DSLR glass in ... slightly greater detail retention when upsampled directly in the camera for JPG ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Error 99
    ... Lenses, cards, shutter etc. I'll see if I can find it again before I send ... error (but you still need to reboot the camera). ... Try swapping out the lens and see if it makes it go ... The only reason wiggling the card worked is that it distracted you ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Looking for a cheap camera!
    ... beginning, sounds like a scam, to make the camera look cheap but in fact ... has included a memory card. ... All it takes is, practice, practice, practice. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)