Re: Composition

On 12/26/2011 7:09 PM, J wrote:
"PeterN"<peter.new@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<snip>

BTW I am far from being a pro.
--
Peter

I have a friend who is a pro in as much as 'he does it for a living' :) but
he doesn't take amazing photos like you guys do. To my mind you are the
'real' pros in that you do it for the love of it and you do it better than
anyone I've ever seen before. I look at all your photos when I can and every
time I do, I learn something. My friend who is a full-time photographer is
more into weddings and public events with the odd catalog and model shoot,
but he's not the arty type and goes about his job in a rather mundane sorta
way. He's good at what he does, but you guys are more interesting!

Thank you.
Don't knock your friend's, work. A successful event and product photographer requires a different skill set. Earning a living in photography is tough, especially when everybody thinks uncle Joe can easily do the wedding.

--
Peter

  • Re: Composition
    ... he doesn't take amazing photos like you guys do. ... My friend who is a full-time photographer is ... more into weddings and public events with the odd catalog and model shoot, ... the amateur jumps over the net; ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Castro photos brought fame, forced exile
    ... After taking two photos showing Fidel Castro's declining health, a photographer faced threats and was forced to leave Cuba. ... Ignoring official warnings and counsel from colleagues, Cuban news photographer Cristóbal Herrera Ulashkevich showed the world embarrassing photos of Fidel Castro out of professional pride, he says. ... As a freelance photographer for The Associated Press in Havana, Herrera captured two crucial images of Castro's health slide: his fainting spell while making a speech in 2001 and his dramatic fall after another speech in October 2004. ...
    (soc.culture.cuba)
  • Re: pics Re: OT reception planning
    ... Husband used to take wedding photos, ... Might also recommend a good photographer. ... This will save time & get everyone to the reception before the guests ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Re: Goth Weekend Photos (Originally Taken For The Whitby try 2
    ... > There's a reason I haven't answered that, ... >> holder of the phootgraph or image, at first yuo denied the photographer ... >> You were wrong about who's right it is to display the pictures and now ... > people at Whitby take photos and put them on their websites, ...
    (uk.people.gothic)
  • Re: Things That Date Science Fiction
    ... I worked at a military TV station that was part of the Information ... office and the newspaper wasn't allowed to use any photos that were not ... Cairn Airfield with our base photographer while he took rolls of film ... The tanker was full, and on it's way to the main ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)