Re: Price check Hasselblad other misc items

On 2011-07-19 08:31:25 -0700, Alan Browne <alan.browne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

On 2011-07-18 13:10 , Savageduck wrote:

These are the items:

Hasselblad 500 C/M body
Hasselblad Distagon 3.5/60 lens
Hasselblad 1:2.8 80mm lens

The 500C/M + 80mm f/2.8 in fair condition should be in the $900-$1300
range.

Very optimistic. Here such would be lucky to fetch ~$700.

Browsing ebay and craigslist for other areas supports that as well.

(There are some "Buy it now" sales at higher prices - no evidence of movement, however).

Agreed.
That is a best case scenario for all of that stuff.

I would say the best bet would be to cherry pick the entire lot and get whatever he can from B&H or KEH, and then put the rest of the stuff up on Craigslist with reasonable low, OBO listings.
As a last resort there would be the good old garage sale.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

  • Re: Got a spare $200k for a lens?
    ... The diagonal of a frame of 6x6 film in that Hasselblad ... so the angle of view for any given lens on this medium ... Or, to put it another way, it's comparable in both angle ...
    (rec.photo.digital.slr-systems)
  • Re: Need quick flash advice
    ... around in the church during the ceremony. ... switch to the other Hasselblad with the 80mm lens ... Ditto for the cake pictures just because multiple lights get in ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: Price check Hasselblad other misc items
    ... Hasselblad Distagon 3.5/60 lens ... Browsing ebay and craigslist for other areas supports that as well. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: Wedding Photography
    ... Just incase someone bug me that great photographer can capture a ... great photo with sheapie and slow lens, ... I always thought the Hasselblad was too small a negative; ... A tripod is often a great substitute for a fast lens. ...
    (alt.photography)