Re: Filters and DSLR camera
- From: Ofnuts <o.f.n.u.t.s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 23:47:38 +0200
On 07/15/2011 07:48 PM, David Kerber wrote:
Just be aware that use of circular polarisers can give auto-focus
problems. I've experienced this when zooming to the max on a 70-300mm lens.
The same applies to linear polarizers.
No, linear polarizers are a different matter, they can make the AF completely blind.
When focusing, the front element rotates and the change in contrast
caused by the orientation of the polariser can fool the focus mechanism
into resting at an out-of-focus position.
I have never seen that happen with a phase detection AF as used in SLRs.
- Prev by Date: Re: Full Frame Canon DSLR?
- Next by Date: Re: Full Frame Canon DSLR?
- Previous by thread: Re: Filters and DSLR camera
- Next by thread: Re: Filters and DSLR camera