Re: Problem Printing Photos With HP-8250 and Picasa 3.8

Mort <mort@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I do a lot of amateur photography, and recently ran into a sudden new
problem. When I choose a photo to print, there is the choice of "shrink
to fit" or "crop to fit". Inasmuch as the crop often cuts off
hands/feet, I frequently choose the shrink option. However, for the past
several weeks, after I click on the shrink icon, the properly shrunken
image appears on screen, but when I click on the print icon, the screen
image reverts to the cropped view, and it also prints the cropped view.

I would just switch to a different program. Irfanview is a free image
viewer which can also be used to print your pictures either singly or in
batches. In the print preview just choose "best fit" (which is the default
I think) and everything should be fine. (If that doesn't work then the
problem must be your printer driver after all since it would be the only
thing common to both programs.)

  • Re: Problem Printing Photos With HP-8250 and Picasa 3.8
    ... I can choose either shrink to fit or crop ... choose shrink to fit, it nevertheless prints crop to fit. ... To reduce the research about either Picasa or Printer, ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: Problem Printing Photos With HP-8250 and Picasa 3.8
    ... Gordon Freeman wrote: ... When I choose a photo to print, there is the choice of "shrink ... to fit" or "crop to fit". ... Inasmuch as the crop often cuts off ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: Problem Printing Photos With HP-8250 and Picasa 3.8
    ... I can choose either shrink to fit or crop to ... choose shrink to fit, it nevertheless prints crop to fit. ... When you tell Picasa to Print_To_Fit you may want to pay closer attention ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: Problem Printing Photos With HP-8250 and Picasa 3.8
    ... When I choose a photo to print, there is the choice of "shrink ... to fit" or "crop to fit". ... Inasmuch as the crop often cuts off ... I have not changed any software, and my printer drivers are up to date. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: Printing Photos From Digital Camera
    ... check your printer manual to see if it can print borderless. ... The reason is that digital cameras produce an image with an aspect ratio of ... order to fit the image on the paper size you selected. ... have to crop but then you can select how much of the bottom or top of the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)