Re: what tipe of wireless remote flash

Des wrote:
Hi. I was wondering if I have to buy a sony flash for my alpha 200. I
could get a better deal if I shopped around. do the wireless
connections work as standard?

Any camera can use any flash as long as the camera has a way to trigger the
flash; that means it needs a cord from flash to camera or a hot shoe.

A wireless flash can be triggered by the light from the camera's built in
flash as long as the remote flash has a "photo eye". It can be done with
infrared too.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=flash+remote+trigger&aq=1&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=flash+remote

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

  • Re: LED Flasher with Variable Flash Times
    ... I need the flasher to trigger a night camera every so often to see where it stops detecting the flash. ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)
  • Re: Sony A-100 vs A-700
    ... I suggest you explore its use wirelessly/off camera to light for contrast. ... I've fiddled about with wireless, ... I just don't bother with flash though - no need, I use between ISO 2500 - ... I bought an external flash for my A-100, ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Camera Recommendations Requested
    ... and decontented the lens and body. ... directly in the camera for JPG output. ... JPG image on the computer where those finer RAW sensor details are already ... external flash units, heavy tripods, more expensive larger filters, etc. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: External strobe lighting with Canon Rebel XT question
    ... The strobes are trigged by the built-in flash but the exposures are always off. ... communication between the flash and the camera, so the automatic exposure settings won't work. ... If you are using the on-board flash to trigger the strobe remotely, it may help to set it in manual mode, and adjust the power on it. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: Rebel XT and Mac OS9: impossible to combine??
    ... > You could also consider loaners - see if the store will let ... borrow a camera to shoot their daughter's wedding. ... My 5700 definitely meters flash even when using an external ... > a big zoom range, ...
    (rec.photo.digital)