Re: Newbie (semi) question: What are the most essential pieces of equipment to start off a photography business?
- From: Scotius <yodasbud@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 12:35:55 -0500
On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 06:36:21 -0500, gamer_reg@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 19:48:11 -0500, Scotius <yodasbud@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm thinking of starting to do wedding, portrait, glamour, and
real estate photography. What would be the most essential pieces of
equipment I'd need in addition, obviously, to a DSLR (until now I've
been using a point and shoot camera, mostly for fun)?
I have read that a flash umbrella is necessary to diffuse
light for softer portraits.
I'm pretty imaginative, and I could possibly build some of my
own equipment as well, so I may not need to buy everything that's
necessary. In addition, I've read up over the years on quite a lot of
photography articles even from well before the DSLR age and I think I
may be able to do some interesting things, so obviously I'm on a
budget and any advice about do-it-yourself would obviously be
appreciated as well.
While this guy might or might not be a troll I would be ashsmed to
have even responded if I had nothing constructive to offer withouot
the sarcastic tones that you guys have. There is a way to tell a
newbie how to proceede without the nastiness I see in these responses.
So, in keeping with the tradition I'll offer this.......
Buddy, you might want to think about keeping your photography as a
hobby and find a profession that has people in it with better
attitudes. As it is I am not sure I would want to have people thinking
I am anything like what these responses present.
I assure you I'm not a troll. Just a budding photographer
looking for some advice from people with experience on how to set up.
- Prev by Date: Re: Crappy day in the wilderness#2
- Next by Date: Bird Photography, But Not As You Know It
- Previous by thread: Re: Newbie (semi) question: What are the most essential pieces of equipment to start off a photography business?
- Next by thread: Re: Newbie (semi) question: What are the most essential pieces of equipment to start off a photography business?