Re: gimp or photoshop?

On 02-06-09 10:59, DRS wrote:
"Alan Browne"<alan.browne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:PrCdnXks5qIs2bnXnZ2dnUVZ_o-dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxx

[...]

Linux system when a problem occurs (and they do). A Mac just works.

[...]

In 16 months of Mac OS X I've had precisely 0 issues. All s/w
installs are simple to the point of being ridiculously easy, fast and
problem free.

I wish I got paid every time I've had to sort out a problem on my
neighbour's Mac.

Hmm. Maybe you've "sorted out" your neighbor's Mac a little too often and now it's infected with repairs?

A friend of mine, perhaps the most clueless where it comes to computers, got a Macbook pro about 2 years ago and it has never had a hiccough despite his carelessness. He rates this as his golden age of computing having klutzed up a large number of PC's and laptops.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

  • Re: Exporting PM7 file to something useful on OS9?
    ... since stuck XP and Ubuntu on it, defaulting to Ubuntu and set him up ... He did enrol himself on a 'Computers for geriatrics' course a few ... I didn't understand the Mac Finder view of the world ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Experts: Malicious program targets Macs
    ... It seems that as sleek Mac computers become more popular, they're also more sought-after targets for the authors of harmful programs. ... "The bad guys generally go toward the biggest target, what will get them the biggest bang for their buck," said Kevin Haley, a director of security response at Symantec. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: MS Politics
    ... It also adds a whole slew of media center capabilities. ... a tiny percentage of Windows users have ever installed it. ... and have powerful computers and high-bandwidth ... Turn Mac on. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: All other computers have problems too.
    ... common mac video and over heating problems. ... Western Digital Caviar Blue drives. ... Thinner case, better battery life.... ... Both computers have 1066 MHz ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: OT: Which PC Laptop?
    ... but if it's a home pc, then it will be in living rooms, and thus it's ... so that a room isn't taken over by computers. ... we haven't plugged the led fans in and the ... why there are PC and Mac folk. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)