Re: Digital Cam vs Conventional

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 21:44:50 -0500, Joel <Joel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sniper.308 <moi@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Are digital cameras better then conventional cameras?

Well, most of us think digital camera is the way to go, and few others
think film is around 40 Meg Pixel compare to digital.

So pick your choice or pick the team you wanna believe.

You can shoot film, and scan the negs. Perhaps this is the best of
both worlds. The control that you have with Photoshop can never be
matched in the darkroom.

I also found out that you can miss a lot of good shots when you start
with 35mm contact sheets. I scanned old B&W negs and found some
really good shots that I never even printed off a contact sheet.

The one big advantage of digital is that you can see if you have the
exposure correct on the spot. Even experienced photographers screw up
difficult exposures. I have more than a few nice shots that are
virtually unprintable. With film, you never really know until it's
developed.

  • Re: Calibrarting an exposure meter of one camera from another
    ... problem of this camera, the auto-exposure seems to be miscalibrated. ... The T70 will have 100 ISO black and white film. ... shots made at ISO 400 were reasonable and there were a few nice ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Artic photography - any suggestions?
    ... Exposed 400 speed negative film one f-stop greater ... For near bears, 28mm provided body shots; ... Cameras had no problem with the cold for the few minutes I could ...
    (rec.photo.technique.nature)
  • Re: Some snapshots
    ... shots within shots. ... I frame in the camera as well as I can. ... There are all sorts of 'rules' about photography and I have seen them ... and explore in ways that film never encouraged. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: Some snapshots
    ... shots within shots. ... I frame in the camera as well as I can. ... There are all sorts of 'rules' about photography and I have seen them ... and explore in ways that film never encouraged. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: How about a "300" pinball (2007 movie)
    ... wizard mode and die (it happened in the film) with honor. ... The narrator of the film calls all the shots ... Persians are tossed into the sea. ... Speaker covers are the golden shield designs. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)