Re: photo editing software
- From: floyd@xxxxxxxxxx (Floyd L. Davidson)
- Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 11:39:40 -0800
Joel <Joel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
floyd@xxxxxxxxxx (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:
That's your problem, and you should have known that you don't have much of
the choice because there is no Photoshop for Linux for you to pay (or that
is the price you have to pay for your decision).
Me? I don't have problem with free, but getting me to chose free over
better option won't be easy.
Product loyalty is wonderful, but misplaced.
Between UFRAW, GIMP, and CINEPAINT there isn't any
reason at all for a photographer to want Photoshop. And
CINEPAINT isn't needed 99.99 percent of the time either,
and when the next version of GIMP is out that need will
be gone too.
But if $600 plus for a program you don't need makes you
confortable with yourself... go for it!
Those they will have to pay me to use them.
Trust that nobody is going to pay *you* to use them.
And that I do get paid to use them...
Floyd L. Davidson <http://www.apaflo.com/floyd_davidson>
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) floyd@xxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: Poison Ivy Warning.........
- Next by Date: Re: photo editing software
- Previous by thread: Re: photo editing software
- Next by thread: Re: photo editing software