Re: Ah, those were the days, going offtopic with WordPerfect Re: ping Floyd

In article <g5fgru$hhi$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mark Thomas
<markt@_don't_spam_marktphoto.com> wrote:

That's just silly. I can cite the fact that WordPerfect still held
approximately 15% of the word-processing market in 2006 - did they lose
all that and drop to your claimed levels in just two years? Can you
back up your silly number or is it just supposed to be funny?

That could only be because OEMs could buy it for $10 to put on new
systems.

I know everything revolves around you and your realm of experience,
Randall, but perhaps next time you pass by a legal office or medical
centre (esp at the higher end, like research centres, medical
publishers, etc), you may wish to lean over the desk and take a peek, or
else just ask them nicely what they use, whether they think it is
crappy, and why they aren't using Word...

I've used it. I say that it sucks because it reminds me of other stuff
that sucks. It's ugly (a good match for Windows) and doesn't follow the
rules for Windows software.
.