Re: Film vs Digital

Peter wrote:

"Roy Jose Lorr" <kenthz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:4sednUCeO9SVbHvanZ2dnUVZ_qrinZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Peter wrote:

"Roy Jose Lorr" <kenthz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:jsidnXW_BM6HIHvanZ2dnUVZ_oCvnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pumper Hinkle wrote:

<snip>> So, For those of you who have abandoned film in favor of the chip,

and have gotten rid of their film cameras, what regrets do you have? If any?

If quality of image is not a consideration go strictly digital. It is more convenient and less costly.

I am hoping not to get into a religious war, but IMNVHO good quality digital has arrived.
Digital is now being used by many professional photo artists and medical documentators. The only dinosaur area left is is advertising and one well known creative director I know well tells me their photographers are starting to go digital. (think Hasselblad.)

Yep, the world is dumbing down. Can't wait for the next digital nose picker.

Lotsa folk still ride a horse, others use a stick shift.
I see little wrong with convenience, especially when it gives me more control

Can't wait till I have so much control that I don't need to get out of bed in the morning.

  • Re: Film vs Digital
    ... So, For those of you who have abandoned film in favor of the chip, ... I am hoping not to get into a religious war, but IMNVHO good quality digital has arrived. ... Can't wait till I have so much control that I don't need to get out of bed in the morning. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: Film vs Digital
    ... So, For those of you who have abandoned film in favor of the chip, ... I am hoping not to get into a religious war, but IMNVHO good quality digital has arrived. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: Film vs Digital
    ... So, For those of you who have abandoned film in favor of the chip, ... I am hoping not to get into a religious war, but IMNVHO good quality digital has arrived. ... Can't wait till I have so much control that I don't need to get out of bed in the morning. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: Film vs Digital
    ... So, For those of you who have abandoned film in favor of the chip, ... I am hoping not to get into a religious war, but IMNVHO good quality digital has arrived. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • FreeBSD services startup problems
    ... Event timer "LAPIC" quality 600 ... cpu0: on acpi0 ... <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib0 ... <Enhanced SpeedStep Frequency Control> on cpu0 ...
    (freebsd-current)