Re: Film vs Digital

"Joel" <Joel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:pc0fu39anniho0ekj8ojvd49glfgbff17j@xxxxxxxxxx
"Peter" <peternew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Roy Jose Lorr" <kenthz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:jsidnXW_BM6HIHvanZ2dnUVZ_oCvnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Pumper Hinkle wrote:

<snip>> So, For those of you who have abandoned film in favor of the
chip,
>> and have gotten rid of their film cameras, what regrets do you have? >> If
>> any?
>
> If quality of image is not a consideration go strictly digital. It is
> more convenient and less costly.

I am hoping not to get into a religious war, but IMNVHO good quality digital
has arrived.
Digital is now being used by many professional photo artists and medical
documentators. The only dinosaur area left is is advertising and one well
known creative director I know well tells me their photographers are
starting to go digital. (think Hasselblad.)

Hehehe you may better hope those day-dreamers get a real job when the
interviewer asks about the difference between 35mm film vs digital camea
<bg>

You mean the hiring managers aren't asking for portfolios?
I guess there's still hope for me.

--
Peter

  • Re: Looking for a heat projection tube
    ... the heat eats your lens ... ... The reflector could be mae from a concave ladies' cosmetic mirror. ... thin plastic film with superglue around the periphery. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: Film Spunk - Oh fuck its so late I can hardly remember
    ... Well done Mr Sant. ... I loved his first major film Drugstore Cowboy, ... please and a PPV fly-by of 2 and 4. ...
    (uk.sport.football)
  • Re: Name that tune?
    ... >> I made up the lyric to the tune from a song in a film. ... [snip re: Northern Exposure] ... >> If I was on broadband, that's something I'd have a go at. ...
    (uk.local.cumbria)
  • Re: OTP: Aeon Flux
    ... >> Yes, but again, how can you judge a whole film by a teaser trailer? ... >> the more profitable slice of market for the film. ... CHARLIZE THERON [appears in large font in middle of screen, ...
    (rec.arts.tv.mst3k.misc)
  • Re: 23 Elul
    ... if it were fact, especially an anti-Jewish allegation? ... There have been quite a few riots in the USA too, ... not like the film. ...
    (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)