Re: Cable releases for digital cameras

"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:pje0p35mjo0pknhsn5thb4u0bl262n7l2l@xxxxxxxxxx
Thanks, Steve, but I'm shooting from a tripod doing close work. All I
want is a 12" cable release so I don't have to push the button and
maybe jiggle a little.

Just a thought, Tony, but does your camera have a self-timer funciton?
Often when I'm too lazy to attached the cumbersome shutter release
electronic cable to my D1, I just set the timer to 10 seconds, and use it to
fire the camera "hands-free." But I'm sure you've already thoughtof this,
so forgive me...

-- Theo

  • Re: [OT] Nikon D50 (again)
    ... Tony Hall wrote: ... I got paid at the end of last week, when I bought the camera Saturday I ... nothing really brilliant (shot in jpg oops). ... Jon B ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Cable releases for digital cameras
    ... maybe jiggle a little. ... Just a thought, Tony, but does your camera have a self-timer funciton? ... with the object in the same position assuming I won't jiggle on one of ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
    ... In article, Tony Cooper wrote: ... B&H's camera section was tiny. ... store, just as I didn't include the size of the entire Colonial ... Here Tony called me a liar, ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Been for a ride
    ... Canon A60 now very out of date 2mpix digital camera. ... Tony Blair's epitaph, ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)
  • Re: My dream camera
    ... I hope you don't mind if I ask, Tony, but what is your dream ... I am not sure I have a "dream" as there isn't just one camera that ... However my "favourite" camera is a Leica M rangefinder. ...
    (rec.photo.equipment.35mm)