Compact Digital Pocket Camera Question from Jeffrey Dach

In terms of digital pocket cameras, so far I have owned and used the
Fuji V10, an F40 for my son which he used and liked, but then lost,
and recently based on the specs, I bought a Fuji F50 for my daughter
who is in art school. All from B and H by the way. The F50 became
available only in September, and we bought one the first day it came
out.

My daughter emailed me a few of the photos from her new Fuji Finepix
F50 and they are very high resolution, and sharply focused. One thing
that appealed to me about the camera was the low light capability of
the camera with the hi speed CCD chip. I am actually considering
replacing my V10 with another F50.

No, I don't work or shill for any camera companies. My question is,
should I be looking at the Canon, Sony, Casio, Nikon, Minolta, Leica,
Panasonic or any other lines for a pocket digital camera which might
rival or exceed the Fuji F50 in terms of compactness and image
features? I also have a Nikon D70 digital SLR with two lenses. But I
consider the large Nikon body too fragile and bulky for travel or
candid spontaneous photos.

In the years past before digital technology, I have used film cameras
such as Pentax, Minolta and Nikon. I really liked the Minolta
autofocus film camera but I accidentally dropped it and that was the
end of it. Same thing happened to my Nikon 28-105 zoom lense which I
really liked...I dropped it last year on a plane and that was the end of
that. I replaced it with the standard digital lense. Any other
suggestions?

I must say I have been impressed with the progress in the compact
digital camera technology over the past 5 years. The cameras are
getting better and cheaper, sort of what we have seen with computer
technology in general. The image quality and ability to take good
pictures in difficult conditions has dramatically improved. What do
you see happening over the next few years? Can we expect even more
improvements, and what types of improvements should we be expecting?
I can be contacted at the web site listed on my profile page. jeffrey
dach www.drdach.com

  • Re: Fuji V10, F40, F50 Camera Question by Jeffrey Dach
    ... Fuji V10, an F40 for my son which he used and liked, but then lost, ... and recently based on the specs, I bought a Fuji F50 for my daughter ... The F50 became ... the camera with the hi speed CCD chip. ...
    (rec.photo.digital.slr-systems)
  • Re: Compact Pocket Digital Camera Question Fuji V10, F40, F50 by Jeffrey Dach
    ... Fuji V10, an F40 for my son which he used and liked, but then lost, ... and recently based on the specs, I bought a Fuji F50 for my daughter ... The F50 became ... the camera with the hi speed CCD chip. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Camera suggestions?
    ... > Why replace a good Fujifilm camera with a Cannon? ... Fuji jbex closely with ... > Nikon who are equal if not betterr than Cannon. ... Nikon suffers because of their sensor due to the fact it produces noise at high ISOs. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: Digital Camera Recommendations
    ... It occurs to me you might be interested in the reason I bought a Fuji, ... I was looking for a fast shutter response - i.e. time between pressing ... waterproof camera which uses a mobile-phone type battery, ... although the viewfinder picture ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.hardware)
  • Re: Which Fuji should I buy the Fuji S6000fd/S6500fd or S9100/S9600
    ... was viewable, at an angle, and how much of an angle. ... stick to the wide end of the zoom, do a lot of hand-held low-light ... zoom, the Fuji is ideal. ... essentially the same camera minus a couple of bells and whistles. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)