Re: suggestion about canon equipment upgrade

On Oct 20, 11:16 pm, "Michael J. Astrauskas" <tre...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Tom wrote:
Hi guys,

just joined your mailing list :)
I need some suggestions about some "upgrade".
I'll be in the States in 2 weeks and I'm thinking to buy something
there, for europeans it's very cheap now :)

I'm using a canon 350D + canon: 17-40L f/4, 70/200L f/4, 50 f/1.8 and
a couple of external flash (canon + metz)

Something I'm thinking about:

Canon 40D (or maybe 30D?)
Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM (i would sell my 17-40)
Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM (i would sell mine f/4)
not sure about Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM

what do you suggest with a $2000 budget?
I've an idea but I'd like to know some our opinions about it.

Tom,

I may be misinterpreting your message, but it looks like you're
interested in about $5,500 worth of equipment, can sell what you have
for maybe $1,500, and have a $2,000 budget. Is that right? Are you only
considering some of the lenses?

--
- Michael J. Astrauskas

I'm considering all those lenses.. but i cannot afford all of them
now :)
maybe taking the 40D + 24-70 2.8 could be OK.
In the future all the others :)
what do you could prioritize?

Thanks,
Tom

  • Re: DSLR Choices and Noise
    ... >> You should very likely be looking at other things than noise. ... Quality of the lenses you can afford for one. ... The canon guys make a HUGE deal out of noise because ...
    (rec.photo.digital.slr-systems)
  • Re: Used Canon lens prices seem too high
    ... if Canon won't honor the warranty, ... I guess it's a good thing that Canon lenses hold their value so well, ... Most of those who can afford to upgrade to FF can afford to keep ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Canon & Nikon Lenses
    ... I'm new to Nikon, but I don't see two lines of Nikon lenses - just one. ... The ones I want, I can't afford. ... with Canon, but I didn't like the build/feel of the Canon consumer lenses ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II - a good lens?
    ... looking for a lens primarily for product photography and can afford the ... A tilt and shift lens? ... fairly detailed test results on a number of Canon lenses. ...
    (rec.photo.digital.slr-systems)
  • Re: Old fogey needs some advice
    ... your old cameras, then there seems to be only a pair of options: ... and the aperture ring applies on the Panasonic only on that one Leica ... and the Canon 20D. ... Now lenses are another story. ...
    (rec.photo.digital.slr-systems)