Re: 300mm lens = ? optical zoom
- From: Richard Polhill <richard.news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 10:43:59 +0100
Richard Polhill wrote:
oyeguru@xxxxxxxxx wrote:Meant to say: the 70-300mm lens has a zoom factor of 4.3, but this isn't as as relevant with interchangeable lens cameras as it is with fixed lens cameras because, as you intend, you simply get another lens if you need a different range.hi...am planning to buy a Canon EOS 350D with an extra 300 mmA 300mm lens is not a zoom lens per se.
lens...wanted to get an idea about the zoom factor of a 300mm
lens...have already worked with a camera with 12x optical zoom and am
aware about its optical zoom power...but want to know how far the
300mm goes ? from what i know, is it 300/28 = 10.7x ?...also any
suggesstions about the best sub $250 300 mm lens suitable for aviation
photography ? ... is there a sub $250 300+mm lens ? :) ... thanx
A zoom lens has a range of focal lengths, eg. 70-300mm, which then give you two numbers, the ratio of which gives you the zoom factor.
- Prev by Date: Re: 300mm lens = ? optical zoom
- Next by Date: Re: 1/60 2.8 is a standard?
- Previous by thread: Re: 300mm lens = ? optical zoom
- Next by thread: Re: 300mm lens = ? optical zoom