Re: D200 discontinued at Costco...hmmm..

"Peter A. Stavrakoglou" <ntotrr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:mSXji.389$Q66.170@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"No One" <aintnoway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:vpm5m4-qtk.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oliver Costich wrote:
On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 06:04:32 -0400, Charlie <no@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've been looking at the D200 lately and found that Costco has just about the best *legitimate" price out there at about $1550. That was last week. This week, it's no longer on the website.

I stopped down :) to Costco yesterday and was told that they no longer carry it. They did have a big display of the D40 though.

Kind of makes you wonder if the D200 is about to be replaced with the D200S or D300. Or maybe the D200 was at the wrong price point for Costco.

I don't suppose anybody has any ideas about that?

Charlie

Is this price for the body or with a lens. If body only, $1550 + tax
is no bargain.

This looks like a good deal:

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-10-2MP-Digital-18-200mm-3-5-5-6G/dp/B000CRZCPO/ref=pd_bbs_2/105-0067455-2265224?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1183853567&sr=8-2

That deal looks too good to be true. But it is Amazon.

The item is listed on but not stocked by or shipped from Amazon otherwise I'd jump on it before they corrected the error!! Following the availability link reveals that price from only one of 3 sources that list it as new but that one instruct you to call them before ordering. The result of that call would likely be to find out the deal is good to be true.I can hear it now, "That package is on backorder but we can offer you in this comparable (in price but surely not quality) package. The other two sources listed at that link show the typical price of approx. $2300.00 and one of those is Adorama which is sort of known for bait and switch but in this case has a normal listing price.

Call them and see what they say!

  • Linksys RV082 - DONT buy one...yet
    ... I am getting ready to package up and send back my SECOND RV082 VPN ... router/firewall purchased from Amazon. ... The main reason I bought was the price and the fact that this firewall ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • BT Price changes/cuts announced today
    ... Millions Benefit as BT Cuts Call Package Prices Again ... well as to new customers. ... price controls last summer. ... BT is also changing the way it charges for fixed to mobile calls and calls ...
    (uk.telecom)
  • Re: What, no Laurel and Hardy?
    ... been given a revamp and reissue on DVD. ... launched in a shiny new package and it's not on the telly the price is ... from Amazon UK that not only includes a new digital ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)
  • Re: Ripped off at Sherwin WIlliams
    ... I know that the container is accurately ... > package every time, especially if it's a brand that they've been buying ... They can raise the price, ... Breyers knows EXACTLY what price range is acceptable to ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Solid edge .. progress... new laptop
    ...    as it turns out so far not much faster than my 500 dollar ... I will probably slide my first synch class to Oct or Nov. ... your existing CAD package. ... quite a bit less than half the retail price for SE in year one... ...
    (comp.cad.solidworks)