Re: No flash on EOS 5D - How come?
- From: Joe <Joe.Heide@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 24 Apr 2007 08:41:09 -0700
On Apr 23, 7:21 pm, Alan Browne <alan.bro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Just becasue people "did without" for any number of years, doesn't mean<snip>
that something (like built in flash) is not of new potential.
Here's the thing...take a picture with a direct, on the camera axis,
pop-up flash and then take a picture with a speedlight bounced off a
wall or ceiling and then tell me how wonderful pop-up flashes are.
There's no comparison. Pop-up flashes can be nice to have in a pinch
and yes they've improved massively, but they are in no way going to
replace external flashes--it's an issue of quality. You cannot get
great lighting with a flash on the camera axis...it's just flat.
Lighting needs dimension. It's not an old photographer being stingy
about old techniques and ways of things...it's just the way it
is...sorry guys :)
- Prev by Date: Re: Birds in flight
- Next by Date: Re: Birds in flight
- Previous by thread: Re: No flash on EOS 5D - How come?
- Next by thread: Re: No flash on EOS 5D - How come?