Re: Suspending Studio Lighting from Ceiling

See Calumet....Manfrotto/Calumet wall mounted boom arms.

"Melody" <nospamplease@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> "dadiOH" <dadiOH@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>> There are also wall mounting systems but they are less flexible in
>> lateral movement. Your 9' ceiling is useable with a rail system but you
>> are going to wish it was 12'.
>>

> Who makes wall mount systems? I haven't seen one of those yet, the walls
> may
> be too far apart to use those though...
>
> My goal really is just to get the lights off the floor so they aren't
> constantly knocked over or in the way. I can start out with lights on
> stands
> if I have to and gradually move them to the ceiling later on but I'd
> prefer
> to just have them up there & out of the way.
>
> The ceiling mount systems just strike me as overpriced track
> lighting...just
> seems like there has to be a way to do that cheaper than what they're
> charging.
>
> In this small space we'll be limited to shooting in a specific area and I
> don't really plan on moving the lights anyway(other than just to tilt them
> some). I just need a way to mount them. I'll have a set of portable lights
> can use if I do need lights I can move around.
>
> I'm trying to do this as cheaply as possible until I can get the studio
> established & making money. With all the money I'm shelling out for other
> things I'm kinda wanting to do this part cheaply. Thanks guys :)

  • Re: Suspending Studio Lighting from Ceiling
    ... Your 9' ceiling is useable with a rail system but you ... Who makes wall mount systems? ... My goal really is just to get the lights off the floor so they aren't ... The ceiling mount systems just strike me as overpriced track lighting...just ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: Suspending Studio Lighting from Ceiling
    ... > Who makes wall mount systems? ... I can start out with lights on ... > stands if I have to and gradually move them to the ceiling later on ... On each wire I put a length of ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: Unpowered Refrigerator
    ... It was about a half day project, including a couple of runs to the hardware store to get a box, wire and hardware. ... I have installed a couple overhead ceiling fan lights that took a lot longer than expected but that was because I had a hell of a time getting the long screws that secure the heavy bracket into the old hardwood in the ceiling. ... The strip was screwed into bare plaster and the wire came down from a box further up the wall and through a hole in the wall. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: shop lighting?
    ... lights mounted 4' down from the ceiling on a piece of plywood. ... the time I keep the lights at 45degrees to the wall and the ceiling ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: Training journal while learning to unicycle
    ... thought I would do that required such a high ceiling, ... camera rolling, I went over to the wall with the trusted uni, stepped ... So in short, I spent most of my time the first evening trying to mount, ... upright just supporting myself on the wall. ...
    (rec.sport.unicycling)