Re: Cloning People in Portraits (digital)

Unless I'm missing something, I think you are needlessly complicating
it..

1. Use the 'magnetic lasso' selection tool to select the 'clone' area.

2. Choose Edit, Copy from the menus (or press Ctrl-C)

3. Choose Edit, Paste from the menus (or press Ctrl-V) ..as many times
as you like..

4. Select the Move Tool icon, and then drag the copy/ies (it/they will
be sitting on top of the original) to where you want it.

PS will have placed each copy on a new layer - you can 'flatten' them
all together later if you wish, but not until you are sure you don't
need the separations....

.