Re: New computer
- From: "Mr Pounder" <MrPounder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 22:13:39 -0000
"JFG" <jfg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"Mr Pounder" <MrPounder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Well, new to me.
Dell Dimension, 1 GB Ram. Windows XP Home Edition. Its about 7 years
old - maybe.
It was given to me, so I thought I would use it as a back up unit.
I took the side off and cleaned the fans etc.
I eventually got email etc to work.
Got rid of an awful lot of junk.
Got rid of Norton.
Yip, it works fine.
Time to get some AV.
Downloaded AVG free, Avast, MS Essentials separately and deleted them in
Not one would install and I don't know why.
Google "Norton Removal Tool", download and run it. Some old Norton
products are hard to completely delete and this Semantic tool will do it.
Delete cache files, then try again. HTH
I'll try again tomorrow.
I'm thick with computers.
- Prev by Date: Re: New computer
- Next by Date: Re: New computer
- Previous by thread: Re: New computer
- Next by thread: Re: New computer