"Auric__" <not.my.real@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Xns9EE7C81688B2Aauricauricauricauric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
k-nuttle <keith_nuttle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 5/16/2011 5:04 PM, DonH wrote:
If I receive an email in, eg. Chinese, how can I translate it into
English?

Unless you are expecting it or know someone in China; I would delete it
unopened as it is probably spam and may have a virus

...but assuming you *want* to read it, go to an online translation site;
use Google:
http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

Copy the email text from the email to the big box on that page and then
select the languages to translate to and from.

If you don't know the language you're translating from, there's an option
for
Google to guess the language: click the "Translate" button in the
"Translate
text" section, then on the next page, select From: Detect language. (The
more
text, the better.)

--
Gloat while you can, villain!

# Thanks for the info; will give it a try.

# Turned out to be spam, in effect - re "injection molding business".
(I found and used http://translate.google.com/#)
Chinese ideographs to English alphabetic script.

  • Re: Can anyone translate English to Aramaic?
    ... But not the English language generally. ... post the translation at least into Hebrew ... write it in French or German and I'll translate it into English. ... You wear your vast erudition with consummate grace, Mr. Peter T. Daniels. ...
    (sci.lang)
  • Re: Can anyone translate English to Aramaic?
    ... But not the English language generally. ... write it in French or German and I'll translate it into English. ... I can see why Dan ... The people in the movie who don't speak Aramaic speak "Latin." ...
    (sci.lang)
  • Re: The phrase =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22T=E1im_ar_do_thaobh=22?=
    ... Carpenter, Wainright etc. - it, the language, has existed here, pre- ... culture suited to these islands. ... Taim ciallmhar would translate as 'I exist being intelligent' - 'I ... Christian invaders translated Irish into writing they were very aware ...
    (soc.culture.irish)
  • Re: Python from Wise Guys Viewpoint
    ... > have silently corrected this bug. ... type is given by a limited language describing such classes. ... or they translate to similar dynamic ... I would debate both points, but this is about static typing, not about ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Is a universal intermediate form practical?
    ... which just happens to translate to an assembly language most of the time. ... You are right that I was asking about the conversion from a stack machine to ... a register machine but I didn't mean just for the code to work. ...
    (comp.lang.misc)