Re: Upgrade XP Pro to XP MCE Question
- From: Ron Gibson <rsgibson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 10:35:42 -0500
On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 17:25:59 -0800, "relic" <relic2@xxxxxxx> wrote:
In what sense is it a "downgrade.
MCE is XP Home Edition with enhancements for the multimedia environment.
Install it on top of XP Pro if you think it's an upgrade.
Do you actually have a copy of this on a machine? I have two identical
machines and both are XP Pro except one edition has the media center.
I see no differences between the two and thusly it seems plausible
that an over the top might work.
In any event with many GB's of applications I don't follow the windoze
defaults and install on one massive C primary partition. With the
exception of but a few, all apps are installed on a partition devoted
I could just install anyway and restore from my removable back up
drive, but I was hoping to hear from the voice of *experience* on this
So, do you both or have been able to do a side by side comparison?
Email - rsgibson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Replace borg with com
"Ubuntu" - an African word, meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".
- Prev by Date: Vista - 32 or 64 bit
- Next by Date: Re: Upgrade XP Pro to XP MCE Question
- Previous by thread: Re: Upgrade XP Pro to XP MCE Question
- Next by thread: Re: Upgrade XP Pro to XP MCE Question