Re: downloads/installations over Internet just stops...

On 21 Mar, 15:19, "Joe Bryant" <j...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
di98mase wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem that occurs every time I try to download a
(installer)
program over the Internet. E.g. I tried to download/install acrobat
reader
and Google sketch with the same behaviour. I chose to download the
program
and after a second a dialog appears where I press the "run" button to
start
the installer and the file(s) download is starting. I can se how the
download
proceeds sometimes I manage to download 3% and sometimes 11%.

First I thought that it was the firewall. I turned it off and even
uninstalled it => no change.
Then I tought it was the wifi network so I use cable => no luck.

I did manage to download Opera browser when I chosed a FTP site
instead of
HTP (I could chose a download site in a scroll menu and I used one
beginning
with FTP instead of HTP)

I thoought that it was IE7 but I have the same problem in Opera, I
cant
install Sketch Up from Opera either!!

I have run Windows Update so I should have the latest patches etc...

What could be the problem?

/di98mase

What anti-virus/anti-spyware products do you have running? Is Avast one of
them?- Dölj citerad text -

- Visa citerad text -

Hi,

I have Norton 360 (currently not in use since I want to make sure that
it is not causing the problem)

/s

  • Re: Graphic converter query - transparency
    ... I was thinking of castle. ... make your installer available; an ftp site isn't a software installer in ... size of TeX has to do with anything. ... So you are saying that everything in that download is directly useful? ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: UNABLE TO CHECK FOR UPDATES ON THIS COMPUTER
    ... "Office Hotfix Installer encounter a problem..." ... i did download the windows installer cleanup utility w/o ... >There are some known issues with the Office Update site. ... >1) Use a utility to clean out the Windows Installer data, ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • Solution for 646
    ... Before you install the update, click on the link on the page (cannot remember ... I have been trying to download updatees for widows vista. ... "Windows encountered an unknown error" error 646.any suggestions as what to ... that button then run or save the installer package then proceed to execute ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: An alternative to Product Activation
    ... dongles will be regarded as a serious option by Codegear. ... Either the user could provide a username and password at the ... which is somehow embedded into the installer prior ... to download, or Codegear would generate them for you (probably the ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Is there a malware/virus in the form of a fake registry cleaner?
    ... | pop-ups wanting to fix 288 registry entries. ... | all - asks if you want to send the installer to the recycle bin --- SAY ... Execute; Multi_AV.exe ... FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor related files. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)