Re: Bootup - "Auto detect" drive in XP ?
- From: John Fitzsimons <DELETEucwubqf02@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 23:36:41 +1100
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 18:47:11 -0800, Steve Urbach
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 18:40:42 -0600, "philo" <philo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
< snip >
A win98 drive will work on either IDE channel
but XP always needs to be run from the same IDE channel on which it was
I don't think that is entirely true.
I moved my boot drive to a different controller, the old controller still
exists (on MoBo). I did change the Boot device order to SCSI (it really is an
IDE RAID controller). Please don't tell my O/S that it was not supposed to be
working :/ BTW it is still the first drive on the new controller and I do
believe that *IS* indicated in boot.ini
A simple edit might fix the boot problem.
< snip >
I believe so. I am certain I could use either bay when I first got my
computer back from the assembler.
- Prev by Date: Re: Bootup - "Auto detect" drive in XP ?
- Next by Date: Tommy, please fax manual. 1 843 689 2545
- Previous by thread: Re: Bootup - "Auto detect" drive in XP ?
- Next by thread: Re: Bootup - "Auto detect" drive in XP ?