Re: Requesting Backup/Copy Advice

Just share the drive and drag and drop.

"Andiez" <andiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:zvggj.3438$O97.403@xxxxxxxxxxx
I have two computers on my PTP network. I want to copy, not backup, my
Documents and Settings from my main XP system to my "backup" XP system so
that if the main breaks, I will have immediate functionality on the
"backup". I would like this to be as easy as possible. Acronis sales
claims that "TrueImage" will not do it. I am playing with KarenWare
Replicator. Is there any easy solution. Is XP Backup up to the task? Any
suggestions?

BTW, Main System is RAID 1.

Andie Z

  • Re: Reinstalling Back up Files
    ... What program did you use to backup your files originally? ... all my files and settings on a back up cd but am not sure how to reload them ... do I need to go program by program and drag the files into ...
  • Re: Requesting Backup/Copy Advice
    ... Documents and Settings from my main XP system to my "backup" XP system so ... I will have immediate functionality on the ... Is there any easy solution. ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • Requesting Backup/Copy Advice
    ... I have two computers on my PTP network. ... Documents and Settings from my main XP system to my "backup" XP system so ... Is there any easy solution. ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • Re: I have deleted the Topics area accidently
    ... > I guess there's no easy solution ... other than DO NOT DELETE the TOPICS area in the ... create a backup just before you do that. ... Mukilteo, WA USA ...
  • SBS 2003 R2 backup: skipped (in use) files
    ... We're backing up every night our SBS R2 Premium server with Backup ... Backup Exec comes with an option called "Advanced Open File Option": ... Unable to open the item C:\Documents and Settings ... Unable to open the item C:\Documents and Settings\SMEX Administrator ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)