Re: hard drive access ??

j&c wrote:
hi all

i'm trying to make my secondary hard drive (drive e), private.
when i right click on the drive & select properties, and then
select the "sharing" tab, there's a box to tick to make the
drive *private*.....problem is, the box is greyed out and unable to
be checked.

can anyone give me the heads up on this function

You can only encrypt (ie, make private) files and folders, not volumes.

  • hard drive access ??
    ... i'm trying to make my secondary hard drive, private. ... select the "sharing" tab, there's a box to tick to make the ... can anyone give me the heads up on this function ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • Re: My documents are being seen by everyone
    ... I take it you have put a tick in the box which is marked 'make this folder ... Its on the same tab of the folder properties ...
  • Re: Collection disappearing at run time
    ... the Tab so that it doesn't take any arguments. ... > Private _tabHeight As New Unit ... > Public Overrides Property HeightAs Unit ... > Protected Overrides Sub OnInit ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols)
  • Re: Caledonian sleeper tickets
    ... the Galaxy Tab 10.1 work bought me was a useless joke as it ... getting private browsing on the Galaxy ... Fine when they brought it out, of course, but interface design has moved ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Collection disappearing at run time
    ... I wrote a tab control. ... Private _tabHeight As New Unit ... Public Overrides Property HeightAs Unit ... Protected Overrides Sub OnInit ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols)