Re: My Computer lost

"relic" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:461d4493$0$1425$4c368faf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Spanner wrote:
Hello
I was deleting some files from my HD, and somehow managed to delete
the My Computer icon from the desktop.
I have looked every where for this, but no luck.
So I did a repair of XP i.e. the 39min one.
I was disappointed to see a blank space on the Desktop where it
should be, so I don't know what to do next.
Does anybody know where the My Computer files are located so I can
put them back.

Display Properties, Desktop tab, "Customize Desktop" button.

Yes, done it, thanks for that, I wasted a lot of time trying to get it off
the XP disk.
Thanks again
Gordon

  • Re: My Computer lost
    ... Spanner wrote: ... I was deleting some files from my HD, and somehow managed to delete the My ... Computer icon from the desktop. ... computer literally lost for a weekend after this experience, ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • Re: My Computer lost
    ... Spanner wrote: ... I was deleting some files from my HD, ... the My Computer icon from the desktop. ... it off the XP disk. ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • Re: My Computer lost
    ... Spanner wrote: ... I was deleting some files from my HD, ... the My Computer icon from the desktop. ... Display Properties, Desktop tab, "Customize Desktop" button. ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • My Computer lost
    ... I was deleting some files from my HD, and somehow managed to delete the My ... Computer icon from the desktop. ... I have looked every where for this, but no luck. ... So I did a repair of XP i.e. the 39min one. ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • Re: My Computer
    ... the My Computer icon on your Desktop and select Properties to get this ... How much free space on the disk? ... CleanUp to Empty your Recycle Bin and Remove Temporary Internet Files. ... CleanUp, More Options, System Restore and remove all but the latest ...