Free space no listed in status bar for removable drives

In my windows explorer, on my removable drives the free space is not
listed. So I have to go into drive properties and see the pie graph.
This is really annoying, especially when you consider that in windows
2000, the free space was always listed in the status bar. I have a
Kingston multicard reader, and the SD cards I'm concerned with are
either 32, 256 or 1024 MB. I know that there is not a problem with the
equipment becuase the operating system is the control. Actually, while
true, that isn't the only symptom. Everytime I restart I have the
chance for windows to reassign my SD drive a diferent letter. This is
annoying but the kind of annoying that happens when you drop something
and it turns out to be far from where you estimated that it landed.

Many thanks in advance!

  • Re: Window XP Error Accessing File
    ... IT IS DEFFINATELY SOMETHING WRONG IN WINDOWS XP PRO. ... The drive is 20gigs 11.5 is more than half of the drive of free space. ... infringe on the amount of free space, especially with large drives. ... I even get an error moving the freakin through a normal copy command ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: VIRTUAL MEMORY
    ... It seems to may need to learn about Windows Explorer. ... drives and partitions are lettered as they are added. ... To find out about free space on any drive place the cursor ... > I dont know if this will help but Im gonna try to explain...I'm not really ...
  • Re: NAS broke Windows Update
    ... Windows Update writes to temp locations on the drive with the most free space and is *supposed* to delete them after the update finishes the update process. ... Which presents an interesting dilemma when the NAS doesn't load fast enough on a reboot to finish the updating process, ... added by the system disk manager to the "Hard Disk Drives" group in the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Window XP Error Accessing File
    ... The OS is Windows XP Pro w/all service packs and hotfixes and updates. ... The drive is 20gigs 11.5 is more than half of the drive of free space. ... infringe on the amount of free space, especially with large drives. ... I even get an error moving the freakin through a normal copy command ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Running low on virtual memory
    ... You should allow win to handle pageing file size, usually its 2.5 X Ram ... How much free space on C & what is the size of C? ... I have 3 hard drives and 2 USB extenal drives running. ... Windows is increasing the size of your virtual ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)