Generic USB Webcam driver for XP

I have obtained a USB Webcam which is unbranded and has no manufaccturer
name on it. When I try to install it shows up as 'PC CAMERA' in XP, which
then looks for a driver but can't find one. I've tried various USB webcam
drivers from various vendors, but cant get them to work. Is there a generic
USB webcam driver I can try???

  • Re: cannot instantiate graph builder
    ... yes I am trying to use a new USB webcam I got. ... does not do anything to try to install. ... I do not have photoshop. ... When I connect my camera to the computer or try to get a live view, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: DirectShow support in WinCE 5
    ... USB web camera driver supports YV12,YUY2,RGB565,JPEG and MJPEG. ... MIPS platform, and webcam viewer application, the codeplex USB webcam ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)
  • Re: webcam installation
    ... ok im trying to install a webcam.... ... >> Difficult to say without knowing which camera but my guess is USB webcam ... remove the driver and camera in device manager and reboot. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: autoload of kernel modules: how?
    ... > Paul. ... So i tried it but i have always the same problem: the system hangs at ... usb webcam after login all is fine, the driver is loaded and the webcam ...
    (Fedora)
  • pwc driver status?
    ... I'm currently contemplating getting an USB webcam. ... getting mightily confused by the current status of the pwc / pwcx driver. ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
    (Linux-Kernel)