Re: How can I resurrect/reinstal lost "My Computer" icon on desktop?

> > In article <tv4yf.91826$a15.77779@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> > jim.greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx says...

> As u suggested, tried explorer in "Run" field. Still not listed there
> either. BTW, I'm using XP Pro with SP 2 and all MS updates.
> Still no solution encountered. Have I probably lost/corrupted a .dll in OS?

=====

You might have tried what I said, but you weren't specific that you
typed in, and executed EXPLORER.EXE:

>From START/RUN type in EXPLORER.EXE; when EXPLORER opens
see if you still have MY COMPUTER icon there. If so, drag it to your
desktop. IT IS NOT QUITE THE SAME, but should serve most purposes.

If you cannot execute EXPLORER.EXE in the RUN command line, then you
have another problem.

  • Re: How can you tell if MS "shut off" your XP OS?
    ... KB891781 (Explorer problem) ... Computer stops responding with a black screen when you start Windows XP ... > of updates to load... ... > then to Windows 2000 Pro. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • [Full-Disclosure] Flaws security feature of SP2
    ... Author: Jürgen Schmidt, heise Security ... Windows Explorer does not update zone information ... When a user tries to execute a file downloaded from the ... files from archives with a ZoneID greater than or equal ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Very slow computerHow do I stop and keep stopped the svchost s
    ... Enquire, plan and execute ... DLGolfs wrote: ... What is the CPU and how much RAM does your computer have? ... Explorer select Tools, Manage Add Ons, Enable or Disable Add Ons. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Winnt/Win2k Vuln ?
    ... If you type something on the location bar of explorer, ... execute it if it's in the windows desktop. ... > - the prog will only run if it is on your desktop ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • part of my toolbar is missing
    ... suddenly the bar with file, edit, view etc. is gone in internet ... explorer and elsewhere! ... xp pro with all updates. ...