Re: Slow boot
- From: Thorsten Matzner <tmatzner@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 11:16:43 +0100
bb <wildbill2222@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>1. Before windows starts, I have a screen that asks me to choose
>betweeen Windows XP Home or the default os. The default IS Windows XP
>Home. All that I can see, is a delay in the boot process.
See "How to Edit the BOOT.INI File in Windows XP"
>2. After the password screen, everything slows to a crawl until all of
>the startup programs load. Then the system is again very fast! This
>started after upgrading memory from 1GB to 2GB.
See "Resources for Troubleshooting Startup Problems in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308041). Also make sure that the
new RAm is not responsible for this problem. F. e. remove the new
chips again and see if this helps. If so, I would return the RAM or
buy an additional 1 GB of the same chips and remove the older chips.
They may not be compatible with the new chips.
- Slow boot
- From: bb
- Slow boot
- Prev by Date: Activation problem
- Next by Date: Re: Wireless Router connection problem - Computer or Router problem?
- Previous by thread: Slow boot
- Next by thread: Re: For the love of linux!!