How to install SATA drive on xp, tried but failed !!!!!!

I have tried to make a drivers floppy, from motherboard site, but it did not
work, it still did not find my sata drive after I did as told and pressed f6
during boot, not sure if i need R A I D as I only have the one drive,
attempted to make a boot cd, that did not work. My mother board is a ASROCK
K7S8XE + My sata drive is a MAXTOR Diamondmax 10 but can I get them
together ?? No I CAN NOT. I need a blow by blow guide, and any help would
be most welcome. This will be a new installation, with XP O/S Thanks.

.