What the heck is svchost.exe and why is it accessing the internet?
- From: AliceBToklas<alice@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 18:06:32 GMT
When my Windows MS calendar opens I get a notice from Norton Internet
Security that "C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe is preparing to access
Also when I did a search for that using Search, I got another message
saying "Explore.exe is preparing to access the internet"
Why are these programs trying to access the internet, or is this
message in fact wrong? I am not paranoid, I'm just trying to
understand why these programs would need to access the internet, if
And also what the heck is svchost.exe, anyway? Part of MS Works
- Prev by Date: Re: Messenger Service
- Next by Date: Re: XP Home cannot reboot after security updates
- Previous by thread: FTB
- Next by thread: Re: What the heck is svchost.exe and why is it accessing the internet?