Re: Can I access Drive without booting XP?
- From: Jon Dough <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 10:10:46 -0500
Mike P from the North wrote:
"Lord Gazwad of Grantham" <gazwad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:030a7225ff96467eb316ccdcbb875f05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI would say look into Bart's PE and build you a Windows XP pre-installation environment Live CD, but, I don't know how "technical" you are.
Mike P from the North, <not@xxxxxxxx>, the ill-formed, nephrotoxic pigeon-egg, and woman who is employed to suckle the children, cooed:
G/F's PC has died a death. Can't get it to boot, brings up XP splash screen and reboots itself. I've tried LNG mode, safe mode etc and they all do the same.
I need to get the data off the drive. It's NTFS. Is there any util that will let me boot and mount the partition then I can get the data off to floppies? (it's all word docs and spreadsheets)...
Just plug the drive into your machine in place of your cd drive. Assuming
you use the same or better version of windows as her you'll be able to sort
and if I have a laptop :-)?
Go here for more details: http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/
-- Jon Dough
"The World's Lukiest Man" .
- Prev by Date: Re: dBase runs poorly on WinXP
- Next by Date: Can't find proper XP drivers
- Previous by thread: Re: Can I access Drive without booting XP?
- Next by thread: Re: Can I access Drive without booting XP?